Discussion turned to next Tuesday’s evening meeting and Pot Luck Dinner at the Melrose Senior Community Center. Volunteers will provide drinks, food, etc., doors will open at 5:30p, and dinner will be served as soon as is convenient with the meeting to follow at approximately 6:30p. Meeting agenda to include:
- Speaker: Nancy Clark from UF to speak about TIF (Tax Incremental Fund) and its potentially beneficial impact to our community.
- Election Committee to be appointed to vet candidates for the MBCA Officers election for October 2018 (All Directors, Vice President, and Treasurer are up for re-election as their terms expire this year.) Candidates to be announced at September meeting (9/21).
- Items to be included in the Putnam Parks Calendar for 2019 can be submitted to Angie Whisnant (at firstname.lastname@example.org) before August 1st.
- Upcoming events include:
- Multi-Market Sale at Heritage Park, June 9 (also September 8th and December 1st)
- Melrose African Festival, St Johns Church, SR 219
- July 4th Boat Parade
- Friday Art Walk (July 6th, August 3rd, September 7th)
- Farmers’ Market – every Friday 4-7p