Many people join Melrose in mourning the recent passing of a social pillar, art patron, and good man, Keith Bollum, who died in the presence of his loving family on Friday, March 15, 2019, after his battle with cancer. Keith was the curator of Bellamy Road Art Gallery when it opened in 2005. His promotion of all things artistic and historic left a legacy. His welcome face will indeed be missed among us.
The MBCA General meeting is Tuesday, March 12, at the Homemakers Club in Melrose. Doors open at 11:30a, meeting convenes at noon. Agenda items include:
- Status of the Melrose Community Center
- Beach fundraising & cleanup (immediately following the meeting)
- Update on the Library Association and events
MBP Volunteers and Friends of the Park,
It has been a while since we’ve done some sprucing up at the park, other than mowing. Slowly but surely we’re removing the trees toppled by hurricane Irma. We need to finish that job as well as sand and paint the benches. Please join us Tuesday at 1 pm (immediately following the MBCA meeting) to help out.
- Belt sanders or any other type of sander. Battery operated preferred, but we do have power in the park. Need extension cords.
- Paint brushes (I will have primer and paint available)
- Chain Saws. Large (18″ to 24″) and small (16″) We will cut the limbs and trunks and either haul them off on Tues or leave them for a friend of mine to take away later.
- Garden rakes to smooth out the gouges left by the fallen trees.
Thanks so much for your interest in keeping our jewel of a “swimming hole” nice for our kids and families. If you know of others who might be able to help, please invite them.